JA Company Program (CP) enables students to develop their entrepreneurial mindset and 21st century skills, including goal-setting, creative problem-solving, teamwork, communication, digital marketing and learning from mistakes. Under the guidance of volunteer business advisors, students establish and operate a company as they would in the real business world as well as participate in the JA CP Trade Fair.
The “JA Company of the Year” will represent Hong Kong at JA Asia Pacific Company of the Year competition. The most outstanding CP student will be selected as the CP Achiever.
Program length (OLE learning time): Trade Fair Mode 38 hours | Full Program 47 hours
Target participants: Youth aged 14-18 (Form 3 to 6)
Class size: Minimum 20 students per JA Company
Language: English or Cantonese
Face to face program: Meeting and learning activities will be conducted face to face.
Online program: Meeting and learning activities will be conducted virtually
Orientation and 360 Entrepreneurs Workshop
Thanks to Mr Wesley Ng, CEO and Co-founder of CASETiFY, and Mr Alan Li, Director and Technical Solution Consultant of AT&T, for sharing how to cope with the ever-changing business environment with creativity and technology. In the design thinking workshop, 74 JA Student Companies also sparked business ideas under the guidance of volunteer business advisors and link teachers!
Experts Sharing Seminar
Students of JA Company Program learned about the responsibilities of different roles, and how they work together as a team at the Experts Sharing Seminar. Thanks to the inspirational sharing by 6 experts on different fields:
- CEO – Ms Vivian Lau, Chair & Group CEO, Pacific Air Holdings Limited
- Technology – Mr John Mulligan, Director, Global Network Engineering, AT&T
- HumanResources – Ms Cara Chu, Senior Manager, Learning & Talent Development, Estée Lauder Asia Pacific Limited
- Operations – Ms Haze Ng, Head of Retail Operations from beauty retail industry
- Sales and marketing – Ms Ellie Chui, Marketing Manager, McDonald’s Hong Kong
- Finance – Ms Kerry Lung, Head BP & Finance AP, Finance, Allianz Global Investors GmbH
Thanks to Ms Kei Chan, Head of Merchant Success – Hong Kong, SHOPLINE, for her tips on running successful e-commerce businesses and Mr Leo Shek, Sales & Marketing Director, Delivery Bee Logistic Solution Ltd, for his tips on packaging and logistics, our students become more confident in starting their online shops!
Tech & Design Consultation
Congratulations to 1,700 young entrepreneurs for getting a BIG step closer to their entrepreneurial dreams!
Thanks to 17 volunteer industrial designers and IT professionals, students got valuable advice for advancing their innovative ideas and product prototypes, as well as tips for running their businesses successfully!
Students also learnt about the many possibilities in STEM career through the VR Career Exposure experience and career advising sessions!
More than a hundred of the students’ products will be launched soon. Stay tuned!
Past Program Highlight
* This is an entrepreneurial learning experience for students to apply learnings to organization and operation of a simulated business as an entrepreneur. The “JA Company” (student company) of this program is not a legal entity. All stakeholders are under no legal or contractual obligation.