Junior Achievement (JA) Hong Kong is a registered Hong Kong charitable organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy.
In partnership with the business and education communities, JA encourages young people to participate in a range of activity-based education programs, designed to help them understand the world of work and develop their work-readiness
, entrepreneurial thinking
, financial literacy
and life-wide values
essential for their future success.
Programs offered by JA are underpinned by high quality course material funded by the business sector and provided to schools free-of-charge. The business community also provides the business professionals to bring first-hand experience of the business world into the classroom.
Since its establishment in Hong Kong in 2001, JA has served over 180,000 students from over 500 schools, with the support of more than 12,000 volunteers from over 700 companies. The success stories of our young people had won JA a number of awards and recognitions:
- Prudential Chairman Award in 2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008
- MetLife Foundation Grant for the launch of JA Exploring Economics in 2008
- The Metlife Foundation Entrepreneurial Award 2007 for JA New Leaders Programme
- The Caring Company Outstanding Partnership Project Awards presented by the Hong Kong Council of Social Service in 2004/05 and 2006/07
- CTW Long Term Partner Award, presented by the Community TeamWorks of Goldman Sachs in 2006
- The Best Performer in Resources Mobilization of the Asia Pacific NGO Award 2005
The Junior Achievement Worldwide
network now serves over 10 million students in over 120 countries!